fiogf49gjkf05 Bjorkman" align="left">
David J. Bjorkman, M.D., received his medical degree from the University of Utah School of Medicine, and completed his internship, residency, and GI Fellowship at Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA.
Dr. Bjorkman also received his Masters of Science in Public Health and Health Services Administration (MSPH/HSA) from the University of Utah School of Medicine, and his Masters of Science in Epidemiology (Clinical Effectiveness) from Harvard School of Public Health.
Currently, Dr. Bjorkman serves as Professor of Medicine and Senior Associate Dean at the University of Utah School of Medicine in Salt Lake City, Utah. He is also the Executive Medical Director for the University of Utah Medical Group and a Consulting Physician to the VA Medical Center.
Active in several medical and professional societies, Dr. Bjorkman Chaired the ASGE Standards of Practice Committee, and has been a member of the ASGE Governing Board since 1999 when he was elected Secretary-Elect. He also chairs the Scientific Program Committee.
Author of almost 100 publications, including reviews, books, book chapters, and abstracts, Dr. Bjorkman has also lectured at more than 70 national and international meetings, including several ASGE postgraduate courses and World Congresses.
- What made you decide to become a gastroenterologist?
- I decided to become a gastroenterologist because of the combination of cognitive and procedural challenges.
- Who was the teacher you admired the most?
- The teacher I most admired is Walter 'Pete' Peterson.
- What is the most important fact that you have discovered?
- The most important fact I have discovered is that my wife is always correct.
- What is the biggest mistake that you have made?
- The biggest mistake I have made is thinking my wife was wrong.
- What is your unfulfilled ambition?
- My unfulfilled ambition is to run a sub-2:45 marathon.
- What is your greatest regret?
- My greatest regret is not spending more time with my family.
- How do you relax?
- I relax by running.
- What is your favorite sport?
- Running is also my favorite sport.
- What is your best place in the world?
- The best place in the world for me to be is my home.
- What is your favorite film?
- My favorite film is "M.A.S.H."
- What car do you drive?
- I presently drive a BMW 330xi.
- What is your best electronic 'toy'?
- My best electronic toy is my son's Nintendo 64.
- What book are you reading at the moment?
- I am presently reading "World War II" by John Keegan.
- Why did you get in involved in GastroHep.com?
- I got involved in GastroHep.com because of the excellence of the website.