fiogf49gjkf0dKazuei Ogoshi" align="left">
Kazuei Ogoshi is Vice Director and Chief of the Division of Gastroenterology at the Niigata Cancer Center Hospital, Niigata, Japan. He is also a lecturer at the Niigata and Toho Universities and the Eul Ji University in Korea.
Dr Ogoshi was born in 1935 in Niigata, Japan. He graduated in 1960 from the Niigata University School of Medicine.
After completing a residency at the Department of Internal Medicine in Niigata University Hospital he became a gastroenterologist at the Niigata Cancer Center Hospital. Here, his job and his hobbies were finding early gastric cancer, developing endoscopes, and establishing ERCP methods.
In 1973, Dr Ogoshi went to Boston and taught ERCP at the Tufts New England Medical Center Hospital for 6 months. There he made many foreign friends.
Dr Ogoshi is currently concerned with the disinfection of endoscopes and the computerization of endoscopic images and data, as a member of the Japanese Society of Gastroenterological Endoscopy.
- What made you decide to become a gastroenterologist?
- In 1961, when I first worked as a medical doctor after getting a medical license, I encountered an endoscope that demonstrated beautiful pictures of gastric carcinomas and ulcers. Since then, I have been captured with gastrointestinal endoscopy. In addition, circumstances allowed me to involve endoscopy as both my job and hobby.
- Who was the teacher you admired the most?
- Dr.Yoshio Hara.
- Which research paper influenced you the most?
- Many papers written by Palmer and Shindler on gastritis.
- What is the most important fact that you have discovered?
- In 1965, I found 'small Iib type early gastric cancer (3mm × 7mm in histology)' by endoscope.
- What is the biggest mistake that you have made?
- Recently, becoming involved in administrative jobs.
- What is your unfulfilled ambition?
- To complete an automatic selective cannulatin tool for the duodenal papilla. This may be unfulfilled in my lifetime.
- What is your greatest regret?
- Poor spoken English. Not working harder!
- How do you relax?
- Playing music (wind music) and listening.
- What is your favorite sport?
- In school it was basketball, and then Ping-Pong. Now just watching them on TV.
- What is your best place in the world?
- Boston, USA - next to Niigata.
- What is your favorite film?
- An old German movie "Maria Schell-Letzte Brücke" - I would like to see this again if possible.
- What car do you drive?
- A Honda Accord - for a long time.
- What is your best electronic 'toy'?
- Digital camera.
- What book are you reading at the moment?
- Japanese classical literature "Genji Monogatari".
- Why did you get in involved in GastroHep.com?
- I do not know why.