fiogf49gjkf0dDino Vaira" align="left">
Professor Dino Vaira was born in Foggia, Italy on December 12, 1955. In 1980 he received his MD at the Medical School of the University of Bologna, and in 1984 he graduated cum laude from the Postgraduate School of Gastroenterology and Endoscopy at the Medical School of the University of Chieti. From there he moved to the University of Bologna's Medical School, graduating from the Postgraduate School of Internal Medicine.
In 1987 he became the Postgraduate Clinical Assistant at the Department of Gastroenterology at the Middlesex Hospital in London, England. He returned to the University of Bologna in 1991, as Lecturer in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
Since November 2000 he has been Associate Professor of Internal Medicine at the University of Bologna.
Professor Dino Vaira is author of about 500 scientific publications. He is a member of the British Society of Gastroenterology and the European Association for Gastroenterology and Endoscopy, and is on the Editorial Boards of the Italian Journal of Gastroenterology and Digestive Diseases and Sciences.
- What made you decide to become a gastroenterologist?
- The influence of one of my professors when I was a medical student - Professor Giovanni Gasbarrini.
- Who was the teacher you admired the most?
- Professor Luigi Barbara.
- Which research paper influenced you the most?
- Barry Marshall's original article in the Lancet.
- What is the biggest mistake that you have made?
- Leaving London.
- What is your unfulfilled ambition?
- To be the Chief of Scotland Yard.
- What is your greatest regret?
- Not being younger when I lived outside Italy.
- How do you relax?
- What is your favorite sport?
- What is your best place in the world?
- What is your favorite film?
- 'Dead Poets Society' with Robin Williams.
- What car do you drive?
- A Maserati.
- What is your best electronic 'toy'?
- My cellular phone.
- What book are you reading at the moment?
- Gastroenterology papers.
- Why did you get in involved in GastroHep.com?
- Roy Pounder asked me!
View Favorite Slide