fiogf49gjkf05 Hawkey" align="left">
Christopher Hawkey is Professor of Gastroenterology at Nottingham University, Founding Chairman of the Nottingham Gut Group and ex-proprietor of the Kuddly Pink Koala (also known as Tone and the Volumes) mobile discotheque. He was educated in Oxford and trained at the Middlesex Hospital. He has worked at The Central Middlesex Hospital; Northwick Park Hospital; Brompton Hospital; Radcliffe Infirmary, Oxford and the Queen's Medical Centre, Nottingham.
Blessed with eternal youth and dashing good looks, Professor Hawkey is also an intellectual colossus whose research interests include peptic ulcer disease, caused by NSAIDs and Helicobacter pylori, and inflammatory bowel disease. He has published basic and clinical papers covering these and other topics.
- What made you decide to become a gastroenterologist?
- I couldn't think what else to do.
- Who was the teacher you admired the most?
- Sir Francis Avery Jones.
- Which research paper (by another person) influenced you the most?
- I try not to read - they bias you.
- What is the most important fact that you have discovered?
- That I haven't discovered an important fact.
- What is the biggest mistake that you have made?
- Not wearing trousers when I put a room service tray outside my room.
- What is your unfulfilled ambition?
- To meet Pamela Anderson and discover some important facts.
- What is your greatest regret?
- That I haven't met Pamela Anderson.
- How do you relax?
- What is your favorite sport?
- What is your best place in the world?
- Doyles on the Beach, 11 Marine Parade, Watsons Bay, Sydney, Australia.
- What is your favorite film?
- 'Killer Driller'.
- What car do you drive?
- Ford Escort.
- What is your best electronic 'toy'?
- Sony Viao Picture Book.
- What book are you reading at the moment?
- 'I married a Communist'.
- Why did you get in involved in GastroHep.com?
- Roy Pounder twisted my arm.