- 677 original news stories,
- profiles revealing the careers of 160 colleagues
- over 2000 selected abstracts
- 600 down-loadable slides
- 250 recent review articles in PDF format
- an interactive quiz
- the most comprehensive collection of Gastroenterology and Hepatology links that can be found on the web
- a calendar of over 200 forthcoming scientific meeting
- interactive case reports, to test practical skills
- the whole of Cotton & Williams' Practical Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Dame Sheila Sherlock's first chapters of the next edition of Diseases of the Liver & Biliary System
- 49 lectures from the Soapbox.
In the next year we will develop all these features, plus the first chapters of our three eBooks in Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Endoscopy will appear on the site. We shall use a new format to deliver online lectures with sound and vision. We shall encourage our readers to become more involved in our community - to ask more questions, and to publish their images and case reports on the website.
|GastroHep.com is rated #1 by Google and has users in 104 countries
GastroHep.com is published by Blackwell Science and it is run very economically - it is within budget and it will be here for years to come. The model is that of publishing a medical journal, which is why people have to buy a subscription to have access to the whole of the site. Doctors in the developing world, earning less than the equivalent of $10,000 per annum can apply for a GastroHep.com Scholarship, which provides free access to the website.
"We're delighted with the progress we've made in the last 12 months," enthuses Editor-in-Chief Roy Pounder, "but it's a baby that needs feeding every day! I pay particular tribute to our editorial and production team - Catherine Dunbar, Shaun Embury, Meg Barton and Kevin Smith - who research, write, edit and produce GastroHep.com. An amazing achievement!"
Pete Peterson added "The philosophy of GastroHep.com was to launch a site of high quality and to continually upgrade the site. We are achieving this goal and I am delighted that this philosophy has been accepted by so many of our colleagues."
"Congratulations to GastroHep.com on its 1-year birthday!" comes from Emmet Keeffe. He continued "In contrast to the newborn infant, GastroHep.com skipped the crawling stage and moved directly to walking, and is in fact now running at a rapid pace! The steady parenting by the Editor-in-Chief, Roy Pounder, and Blackwell Science, along with the executive editors, editorial board and global faculty accounts for this rapid maturity. The future looks bright!"